Underground » Communications
The NEXSYS Real Time Risk Management System is the product of an international collaboration between JCOAL, CSIRO, ACARP, Kushiro Coal Mine Japan and Grasstree and Beltana in Australia. The project set out to integrate real time support for hazard management, decision support and the next generation Ethernet –enabled communications system based on IS hardware.
The objectives of the development were to:
- Complete the development of the NEXSYS™ Real-time Risk Management System.
- Complete the development of an Intrinsically Safe, Ethernet-based underground communication system incorporating an underground personnel and equipment tracking and paging system and a range of commercially available Ethernet enabled devices.
- Install NEXSYS™ (Phase II) at a second operating longwall mine.
- Collaborate with other R&D activities and seek to incorporate other ACARP Project outcomes.
- Select, license and/or otherwise make commercially available, the systems, devices and outcomes of the project.
The report covers each objective in detail.